Egg salad sandwiches are one of my all time favorite sandwiches. They’re rich, creamy and full of flavor! Fresh, white or wheat bread always works best with this recipe.
Homestyle Egg Salad Sandwiches
Servings: 3 Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 12 large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Celery; chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato; diced
- 1/2 cup Onion; chopped
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 cup Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 slices of Bread (toasted, if desired)
- 3 large Lettuce Leaves
- 1 large Tomato; sliced
- Add the cold eggs to a dutch oven or pot and cover with cold water. Add the baking soda to the water and stir briefly. Bring to a boil and then cover and turn off the heat. Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 12 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of ice water and, once cooled, remove the shells and chop the eggs; placing in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and fold until thoroughly combined. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add a liberal amount of the egg salad to a slice of bread, then top with lettuce, tomato and the second slice of bread.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!