I accidentally opened the wrong side of the Cayenne pepper shaker and I’m kinda glad I did! It was stinking good and perfect for a cold, hazy day like today. Added bonus, my sinuses are now clear!
Zippy Hamburger & Macaroni Soup
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 2 Hours
- 2 pounds lean Ground Beef
- 1 large Carrot; peeled and chopped
- 1 small Bell Pepper; cored and chopped
- 1 medium Onion; chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic; minced
- 1 large Tomato; diced
- 1/2 cup Cabbage; chopped
- 1/2 cup Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- 1 quart hot Water
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Elbow Pasta; uncooked
- In a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the beef, onion, garlic, carrots and peppers. Sauté until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Do NOT drain!
- Add the remaining ingredients, minus the pasta, to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of liberally salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until almost al dente; about 10 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking any further. Set aside until the soup is done simmering.
- Remove the bay leaves and stir in the cooked pasta. Cover and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve with garlic bread, a salad and enjoy!