I accidentally opened the wrong side of the Cayenne pepper shaker and I’m kinda glad I did! It was stinking good and perfect for a cold, hazy day like today. Added bonus, my sinuses are now clear!
- In a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the beef, onion, garlic, carrots and peppers. Sauté until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Do NOT drain!
- Add the remaining ingredients, minus the pasta, to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of liberally salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until almost al dente; about 10 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking any further. Set aside until the soup is done simmering.
- Remove the bay leaves and stir in the cooked pasta. Cover and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve with garlic bread, a salad and enjoy!