Queso Chicken and Beef Chimichangas for dinner tonight. It’s fiesta time! Served with Mexican Rice and Corn Slaw. I briefly pan fry then air fry mine to minimize calories.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of oil. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green chiles, onion, garlic and seasonings, then toss to coat. Add to the skillet and sauté until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Scoop into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the burner and add the beef, onion and garlic. Once cooked through, drain and add the spices. Cover and remove from heat.
- Layer each of the tortillas with the queso, cheese, rice, cooked chicken and/or beef, beans, pickled red onion, cilantro and sour cream.
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F.
- Add a liberal drizzle of oil and allow to get hot. Wrap each of the tortillas tightly and place in the hot skillet, lightly frying until slightly golden brown. Place the chimichangas in your air frier for 8 minutes; turning halfway through. Serve hot with refried beans, corn slaw and Mexican rice.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!