Cinnamon, walnuts and chocolate with a cream cheese frosting drizzle? How can you go wrong! I grew up eating cinnamon rolls and the addition of chocolate and nuts is absolutely scrumptious. They’re rich, decadent and are a major hit with the whole family! As an added bonus, they freeze remarkably well.
Walnut Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls
Servings: 5 Cooking Time: 1 hour
• 1 large Dough Ball; proofed
• 1/2 cup Butter; softened
• 1 cup Brown Sugar
• 3 Tablespoons Cinnamon
• Pinch of Nutmeg
• 1/2 cup Chocolate Morsels
• 1/4 cup Walnuts; chopped
• 1 block Cream Cheese; softened
• 1/3 cup Butter; softened
• 2 cups Powdered Sugar
• 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2″ thickness and use a rubber spatula to spread the cinnamon sugar mixture in an even layer over top. Sprinkle with the chocolate morsels and walnuts, then roll tightly. Cut into 1 1/2″ rolls and place on a parchment paper lined baking rack. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown then place the rolls on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, add the cream cheese and butter to a stand mixer and whip until smooth. Turn the mixer to low and slowly pour in the powdered sugar and extract. Drizzle over the warm rolls and serve!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!