I have so many ideas for Stromboli fillings! 🤣 Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo this time! I’m definitely making this one again. 💕 It’s so creamy and delicious!
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Stromboli
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 1 hour
• Pizza Dough; proofed
• 2/3 cup Butter
• 1/2 cup Onion; chopped
• 2 cloves Garlic; minced
• 1/4 cup Flour
• 1/2 cup Milk
• 1/2 cup Cream
• 1/2 cup Parmesan
• 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup Broccoli; chopped
• 1/4 cup Carrot; chopped
• 2 cups Chicken; cooked
• 1/2 cup Mozzarella
• 1/4 cup Butter; melted
• 1 Garlic Clove; minced
• Pinch of Salt and Italian Herbs
• 1/4 cup Mozzarella
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the onion, broccoli and carrots, sautéing until tender before adding in the garlic. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Whisk in the milk and cream to form a roux. Sprinkle in the cheese, herbs and seasoning then stir until fully incorporated.
- Knead the dough between your knuckles until it reaches 1/4” thickness and place in a large baking sheet. Gently use your fingers to push to the edges and drizzle with olive oil. Spread the Alfredo sauce over the dough, leaving 1/2” at one of the narrow edges and sprinkle with chicken and mozzarella.
- Gently roll the dough, pushing stray ingredients back in as they get pushed out. Push the roll away from you, towards the edge of dough without filling, until the seam is on the bottom. Score and cover with a towel or plastic wrap and allow 30 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, salt and herbs in a small dish. Brush the top of the Stromboli with half of the mixture and place in the oven, baking for 20 minutes.
- Check and make sure it’s baking evenly; if it’s browning more on one side turn the tray in the oven to cook the other side. Top with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with the remaining melted butter mixture and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with extra garlic alfredo sauce and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!