I haven’t been feeling the best over the last few days, so most of my cooking has been broth and leftovers. Hot wings sounded really good today so I’m risking it. Made some Jalapeño Popper Scalloped Potatoes to go with them. 💕
Baked Hot Wings
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 3 hours & 30 Minutes
• 2 lbs hot peppers of choice (I prefer Cayenne & Jalapeño)
• 2 cups White Vinegar
• pinch of Salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
• 2 cloves Garlic; minced
• 1 tsp White Pepper
• 4 lbs Party Wings; tips removes
• 1/2 cup Cornstarch
• Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat cast iron skillet over high heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Using gloves, chop and de-seed peppers. Place in bowl while pan is heating.
- Add peppers to hot pan, searing until blistered and tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and remove from heat then use an immersion blender to pulse until smooth. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine chicken wings, salt, pepper and cornstarch, tossing to coat. Layer wings on a baking sheet with a rack and bake for 45 minutes before turning the wings.
- Bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Sauce the wings in a bowl and toss to evenly coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!