These little cuties take the sloppy out of Sloppy Joes! 🤣 They were a HUGE hit! You can use homemade biscuit dough or the store-bought stuff. 💕 I’ve switched to using my Air Fryer because the oven makes my apartment unbearably hot. I’ll include cooking temps for both air frying and baking. 😊 Served with homemade BBQ Chips and Garlicky Potato Chips.
Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
• 1 lb Ground Beef
• 1/2 cup Tomatoes; chopped
• 1 small Onion; chopped
• 1 clove Garlic; finely minced
• 1 small Bell Pepper; cored and chopped
• 1 cup Ketchup
• 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
• 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• Pinch of Italian Herbs
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Buttermilk Biscuit Dough
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes and beef. Cook until the beef is no longer pink then drain the excess liquid.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and mix in the ketchup, mustard, vinegar, sugar, spices and seasoning. Pour in water until it reaches your desired consistency before covering and simmering for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°F or Air Fryer to 370°F. Thoroughly grease muffin tins (including 1/4” along the outside of each cup) and press biscuit dough inside.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the Sloppy Joe mixture into each biscuit cup and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the bottom of the biscuits are no longer doughy. If the top of your biscuits are getting too dark, cover them with foil and continue to bake until done.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!