Breakfast Burritos are one of my favorite breakfast dishes! Cheap, filling and so quick to make! I thought I had some chorizo, but I had to use bacon and sausage instead. This recipe makes 2 hearty burritos! My family loves them!
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and allow to get hot.
- Add peppers and onions to skillet and sweat until fragrant but still slightly crisp. Remove and set aside then add another splash of oil to the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk the eggs with seasonings and pour into the pan; scramble until half set but still loose; turn off the heat and cover.
- Meanwhile, cover each tortilla with half of the cheese and layer on bacon, sausage and hash browns. Divide the scrambled eggs between the 2 tortillas and top with onions, peppers and the remaining cheese.
- Wrap burritos and sear on all sides in a hot pan. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa or salsa verde.
One thought on “Breakfast Burrito”