What a week! I love pork chops and this recipe doesn’t disappoint! It’s great on the grill or smoker too! Served with Green Bean & Corn Casserole, Brown Sugar Bourbon Baked Beans, Mashed Red Potatoes with Country Gravy and a warm Sourdough loaf.
- 3 lbs Pork Chops
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large clove Garlic; finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, add all of the ingredients except the brown sugar and allow to chill, covered, in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle liberally with oil.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Once the skillet is hot, remove the pork from the fridge and place in the skillet, searing all sides of the chops. Remove from heat and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover the skillet with foil (carefully!) and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the thickest chop reaches 165°F and the sugar has caramelized.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil, resting for 5 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!