My local grocery store had a sale on Cauliflower and I got 9 lbs for $3. 🤣 I didn’t really know what to do with it all but it’s overcast and dreary out, so perfect soup weather! I made a giant jar of pesto the other day and thought they’d go well together. It was delicious! Served with my Sweet Relish Deviled Eggs, a mixed green salad and sourdough bread slices. 😋
Pesto Cauliflower and Carrot Soup
• 6 lbs Cauliflower florets
• 1 lbs Carrots; rough chopped
• 1 large Onion; quartered
• 2 cloves Garlic; smashed
• 4 cups Vegetable Broth
• 1/2 cup Pesto
• 1 teaspoon Turmeric
• 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 cup Heavy Cream (optional)
• Pesto and Bacon Crumbles for garnish
- Add cauliflower, carrots, onion and garlic to a large dutch oven or pot. Pour in 4 cups broth and bring to a boil before covering and letting the vegetables steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are tender, use an immersion blender to pulse until smooth. Add the pesto, seasonings and spices to the pot and stir until well incorporated. Pour in more water until it reaches your desired consistency and allow to simmer an additional 20 minutes so the flavors can marry.
- Pour in the cream and taste, seasoning accordingly. Cover and allow to heat through. Serve hot with a garnish of pesto and chopped bacon as well as bread for dipping.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!