Stuffed Acorn Squash sounded amazing! Beef, rice, veggies and goat cheese? PLUS some of my amazing mom’s homemade bread?! Heck, yeah!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the squash halves on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan with the rice, broth, onions, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper over high heat. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and all of the water is absorbed.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef until cooked through. Drain and fold in the rice then stuff each half of the squash with the mixture then place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Top the squash with goat cheese crumbles and parsley then serve.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!