I’ve been furiously working on the cookbook and haven’t had the chance to do much cooking. Thank goodness for the freezer meals I prepped earlier! I’m taking a little breather today because Teriyaki Chicken sounded amazing! ❤️🍲🥢
Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
• 3 lbs Chicken Thighs; cut into 1” chunks
• 1 cup Soy Sauce
• 1 teaspoon Hoisin Sauce
• 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1 large Bell Pepper; cut into chunks
• 1 large Zucchini; sliced
• 6 bamboo skewers
• 2 cups Soy Sauce
• 1/2 cup Water
• 1 cup Brown Sugar
• 1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
• 2 large cloves Garlic; minced
• 1 teaspoon Ginger; grated
• 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
• 1/4 cup Cold Water
- In a large bowl, add chicken and marinade ingredients. Cover and chill overnight.
- Soak the bamboo skewers for 15 minutes and remove the chicken from fridge. Skewer the chicken and vegetables and discard the remaining marinade.
- In a saucepan, combine all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients minus the cornstarch and cold water and bring to a boil; whisking constantly. Reduce to a simmer and, in a small bowl, combine the last two ingredients. Pour the slurry into the Teriyaki sauce and whisk until thickened. Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the skewers and cook each side for 2 minutes or until the chicken is firm all the way through. Drizzle the sauce over the skewers and serve.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!