I love breakfast for dinner. Eggs, sausage and croissants are amazing at all hours of the day or night. It was a major hit for everyone! I’ve been extra exhausted lately so I used store-bought dough because making laminated dough is a pain and a half.
- 2 packages Croissant Dough or Puff Pastry
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pound Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion; chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes; cored and diced
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms
- 1 clove Garlic; finely minced
- 6 large Eggs
- Splash of Milk
- Pinch of Ground Sage and Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 large Egg for egg wash
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add sausage and cook through. Drain and set aside in a small bowl. Add the vegetables to the skillet and sauté until tender before setting them aside in a small bowl as well.
- Add a tablespoon of bacon grease or oil to the skillet and reduce heat to medium. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper; whisking well. Pour the eggs into the skillet and scramble until half set then cover and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and unroll the dough. Cut a third of the way up the dough sheet every 1/2 inch on both sides.
- Add half of the cheese along the center of the dough then scoop the eggs, vegetables, sausage and remaining cheese over top. Fold the dough sections over top in a criss-cross pattern then brush the top with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and flaky.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!