I found some Smoked Sun-Dried Tomatoes at my local store and immediately knew I needed to come up with a Tuscan inspired dish! 🤣 Next time I’m definitely doubling the sauce. ❤️ The recipe posted below is the doubled version I’m making next time.
Creamy & Smoky Tuscan Baked Chicken
• 4 lbs Chicken Thighs; bone-in skin-on
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs
• Pinch of Garlic Powde
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 Tablespoon Butter
• 1 cup Onion; chopped
• 3 cloves Garlic; finely minced
• 1/2 cup Smoked Sun-Dried Tomatoes; chopped
• 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes; halved
• 2 cups Spinach
• 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme; chopped
• 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary; chopped
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
• 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
• 1/2 cup Parmesan
• 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle in oil. Add chicken, skin side down and brown on both sides for 2 minutes each. Set aside.
3. Add butter to skillet and allow to melt and bubble. Add in onion and sauté until tender then add garlic, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Cherry tomatoes and spinach. Continue to cook until the spinach is wilted.
4. Pour broth and cream into skillet and season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and herbs. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer; add in Parmesan and stir until melted. Taste and season accordingly.
5. Add chicken back to skillet and ladle sauce over top and sprinkle more Parmesan over top (optional). Place in preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F and the juices run clear.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!