I found some Smoked Sun-Dried Tomatoes at my local store and immediately knew I needed to come up with a Tuscan inspired dish! 🤣 Next time I’m definitely doubling the sauce. ❤️ The recipe posted below is the doubled version I’m making next time.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Skillet
• 4 lbs Chicken Thighs; bone-in skin-on
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs
• Pinch of Garlic Powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 Tablespoon Butter
• 1 cup Onion; chopped
• 3 cloves Garlic; finely minced
• 1/2 cup Smoked Sun-Dried Tomatoes; chopped
• 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes; halved
• 2 cups Spinach
• 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme; chopped
• 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary; chopped
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
• 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
• 1/2 cup Parmesan
• 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
• Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle in oil. Add the chicken, skin side down, and sear on both sides for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and allow it to melt before adding the onions and sautéing until tender. Add the garlic, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Cherry tomatoes and spinach. Continue to cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Pour broth and cream into skillet and season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and herbs. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer; add in Parmesan and stir until melted. Taste and season accordingly.
- Add chicken back to skillet then ladle sauce over top and sprinkle more Parmesan (optional). Place in preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F and the juices run clear.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!