I made a Big Mac Burger…Log(?) for dinner, because why not! 🤪 A Bûche de Big Mac, if you will! It was absolutely delicious despite it’s comical nature!
Big Mac Burger Braid
• 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
• 2 large Eggs
• 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup Milk
• 1/2 cup Dill Relish
• 1/2 cup Onion; chopped
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 6 slices American Cheese
Thousand Island Dressing
• 1/4 cup Ketchup
• 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
• 2 Tablespoons Sweet Relish
• Salt and Pepper
• Splash of Vinegar
• 1 Pastry Sheet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and milk. Allow to absorb for 5 minutes.
3. In another small bowl, combine ketchup, mayo vinegar and relish; mixing until thoroughly incorporated. Chill.
4. In a large bowl, combine beef, eggs, breadcrumb mixture, salt and pepper.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack over top. Fold a second sheet of parchment paper in half and place on rack.
6. Form half of the beef mixture into a large, thin loaf over the top of the folded parchment paper. Add relish, onion and cheese, then top with the remaining half of the beef mixture. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Remove the parchment paper and allow to cool for 5 minutes. This gets rid of extra moisture that will turn the dough soggy.
8. Roll out dough and set on baking sheet. Place beef “log” in the center and cut off the excess dough. Spread the Thousand Island Dressing in an even layer over top.
9. Roll out the extra dough into a small sheet and, using a knife, cut alternating slits. Gently spread the dough apart. Drape over the beef then tuck the edges, cutting away any excess.
10. Preheat oven to 400°F. Gently slide in baking tray and cook for 15-17 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and crispy.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!