Went a little mad scientist on my leftovers! 🤣 My local store had some Anaheim Peppers that they’d marked down and my leftover Goulash popped into my mind. Thought it needed something creamy and remembered that I had leftover homemade ricotta! Add some bacon to the mix. Oh yeah! My apartment smells so good right now!
Bacon Wrapped Goulash Stuffed Peppers
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 5 Anaheim Peppers; slit down the middle and seeds removed
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Liberal Pinch of
- Garlic Powder
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil; finely chopped
- 3 cups leftover American Goulash
- 15 slices of Bacon or Prosciutto
- Cut a slit down the center of each of the pepper and remove the seeds.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the peppers and boil until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt, pepper, garlic powder basil and egg; mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (or grill to high heat).
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture into the bottom of each pepper then add enough of the leftover goulash to fill to the top. Wrap each pepper in 3 slices of bacon and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and topped with a wire rack. (Save the bacon drippings! It’s so amazing in Chili and Spaghetti!)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and golden brown. Remove from the oven and tent with foil, resting for 5 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!