Went a little mad scientist on my leftovers! 🤣 My local store had some Anaheim Peppers that they’d marked down and my leftover Goulash popped into my mind. Thought it needed something creamy and remembered that I had leftover homemade ricotta! Add some bacon to the mix. Oh yeah! My apartment smells so good right now!
Bacon Wrapped Goulash Stuffed Peppers
• 5 Anaheim Peppers; slit down the middle and seeds removed
• 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
• 1 large Egg
• 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
• Liberal Pinch each of Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon Basil; finely chopped
• 3 cups leftover American Goulash
• 10-15 slices of Bacon or Prosciutto
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add peppers; cooking until slightly tender. Drain and allow to cool on a wire rack.
2. In a small bowl, combine cheeses, salt, pepper, garlic powder basil and egg; mix thoroughly.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F (or grill on high heat).
4. Spoon 1/6 of the ricotta mixture into the bottom of each pepper then add enough of the leftover goulash to fill to the top. Wrap each pepper in 2-3 slices of bacon and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and topped with a wire rack. (Save the bacon drippings! So amazing in Chili and Spaghetti!)
5. Cook for 30 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and golden brown. Tent with foil and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!