First time I’ve made crab cakes and I’m definitely making them again! The meat was a bit spendy because I didn’t want to use Krab, but it was worth it. 🙂 I tried a new way of preparing French fries and its my new go to!
Cajun Spice Crab Cakes
- 1 lb Dungeness Crab Meat
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Hellmann’s Mayo
- 1/2 cup Onion; chopped
- 1 clove Garlic; finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl combine eggs, mayo, onion, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, herbs and seasonings; mix thoroughly. Gently fold in breadcrumbs and crab meat until just incorporated. Make sure not to shred the crab meat.
- Form into 3” patties and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. If they’re too sticky you can roll them lightly in more panko. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and remove the patties from the fridge. Carefully drop each patty into the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack over paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice, Cajun Mayo or Lemon Dill Aioli by itself or over a toasted bun.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!