I love Holiday leftovers! So many possibilities but I always start with the classics. The herbs and tender vegetables go so well with the slight smokiness of the ham. 😊 I also made a garlic and rosemary Pain d’Epi or Scissor Loaf brushed with herb butter to go with it.
Leftover Ham and Potato Chowder
• 2 cups leftover Ham; cubed
• 1/2 cup leftover Stuffing
• 1 quart Chicken Broth
• 2 large Carrots; chopped
• 3 cups Potatoes; boiled and cubed
• 2 Celery stalks; chopped
• 1 large Onion; diced
• 2 cloves Garlic; finely minced
• 2 sprigs Rosemary; chopped
• 2 sprigs Thyme; chopped
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 2 cups Heavy Cream
• 1 cup Sharp Cheddar
• 1/2 cup Parmesan
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• garnish with Chives and Cheddar
- In large dutch oven, add 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté onion, carrots and celery until tender. Add in garlic and continue to cook until fragrant.
- Add in ham, broth, stuffing and herbs. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cheese then cover and cook until heated through; about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove Bay Leaf and serve with cornbread or dinner rolls.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!