Definitely a Chicken Noodle Soup kind of day. Bit of a rough day yesterday so it wasn’t surprising that I woke up feeling a little ick. This soup always helps me bounce back. 😋
Chicken Noodle Soup
• 2 Large Chicken Breasts; baked, chopped and set aside with juices
• 1 Quart Concentrated Chicken Bone Broth
• 6 C Water
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 large Carrot; chopped
• 1 medium Onion; sliced
• 2 cloves Garlic; thinly sliced
• 2 Celery Stalks; sliced
• 1/4 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
• 1/2 Lemon; juiced and zested
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 1 Tablespoon dried Italian Herbs
• 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme; diced
• 1 tsp Garlic Powder
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 3 cups Noodles; cooked and set aside
- Heat cast iron dutch oven over medium heat and add in oil. Once heated, add in vegetables (minus garlic) and sauté until onions are tender.
- Add in chicken chunks, garlic, herbs and spices. Sautéing until fragrant.
- Add baked chicken juices, bone broth and water. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer; cooking for an hour.
- Add in noodles and taste; seasoning accordingly. Remove bay leaf and serve hot with fresh bread, crackers or a salad.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!