This is such an awesome way to use up extra chicken! It’s tangy, sweet and packed with lean meat and delicious veggies! Kids go absolutely bonkers for it and there are never any leftovers. It’s also an amazing way to sneak in some healthy vegetables that the picky eaters in your life won’t touch.
- Toss pizza dough until flat and press into a rectangle over parchment paper.
- Spread BBQ sauce over ¾ of the dough, making sure to leave at least ½ inch at the top. This allows the Stromboli dough to stick to itself when it’s rolled. Top with half of the cheese. Layer chicken, veggies and remaining cheese over top.
- Gently roll dough, pushing stray ingredients back in if they pop out. Push the roll away from you until the seam is on the bottom. Score and cover with towel or plastic wrap and allow 15-30 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, salt and herbs in a small dish. Brush the top of the Stromboli with half of the butter mixture and place in oven; baking for 20 minutes.
- Check and make sure it’s baking evenly; if it’s browning more on one side, turn the tray in the oven to cook the other side. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with remaining melted butter mixture and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with warm BBQ Sauce.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!