I made this for years using expensive Chinese Chow Mein noodles. $4 for 6 oz seemed a bit steep. Especially because I make it every other week. I decided to use thin spaghetti one night and never looked back. 🤣 $1 for 16 oz? Yes, please! So while it might not be 100% authentic, it is 100% delicious! ❤️🥢🥡 I love my veggies, so I usually add in a few more that Panda doesn’t use. 😋
Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein
• 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
• Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
• 1 medium Onion; chopped
• 2 1/2 cupsCabbage; shredded
• 1 cup Celery; thinly sliced
• 1 package Thin Spaghetti; cooked and cooled
• 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
• 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
• 2 cloves Garlic; finely minced
• 2 teaspoons fresh Ginger; grated
• 1 teaspoon Chile Paste
• Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet, Dutch oven or wok over medium high heat and add in oils. Once hot, add veggies and sauté until tender.
- Add in garlic and ginger; cooking until just fragrant.
- Add pasta, sauces and seasonings. Tossing to coat and adding more oil if needed.
- Continue to toss until the pasta is crispy and all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!