Happy Friday! Supreme Calzone and Cheese Bombs for dinner! I won’t post my pizza dough recipe because I posted it a while back. The fresh Ricotta Cheese makes this a little slice of heaven!
- Toss pizza dough until flat and press into a large oval over parchment paper.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the center of the dough, making sure to leave at least 1/2 inch at the edge. Sprinkle half of the dough with a handful of mozzarella then layer the Pepperoni over top.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of oil. Add the Italian Sausage to skillet and cook through then drain and set aside.
- Sprinkle all of the toppings over the pepperoni and top with the remaining cheese. Gently fold the dough over itself, pushing stray ingredients back in if they pop out. Crimp the edges to seal and score the top with a knife. Cover with towel or plastic wrap and allow 20 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, salt and herbs in a small dish. Brush the top of the Calzone with half of the mixture and place in oven; baking for 20 minutes.
- Check and make sure it’s baking evenly; if it’s browning more on one side turn the tray in the oven to cook the other side. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the calzone from the oven and brush with the remaining melted butter mixture. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serve with warm marinara or garlic alfredo sauce.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!