It actually snowed today for the first time all season! Definitely a soup night! 🍲 Italian Sausage Soup with Garlic Parmesan Crostini and hot tea is just what this night needed!
Italian Sausage Soup
• 2 lbs Italian Sausage
• 3 Garlic Cloves; minced
• 1 White Onion; chopped
• 2 quarts Beef Broth
• 14.5 oz Italian Stewed Tomatoes
• 1 Carrot; chopped
• 1 can beans of choice
• 1 large Zucchini; diced
• 2 cups Spinach; packed
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 2 Bay Leaves
• 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
• 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1. In a large dutch oven or skillet and brown sausage over medium high heat. Drain and add in onion, and carrots, sautéing until tender. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
2. Add in broth, tomatoes, bay leaves, Italian Herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Stir in zucchini and beans; cooking until zucchini is tender.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in spinach and cheese. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!