I’m definitely marinating my fried chicken in mustard and mayo again! More flavorful (and cleaner) than an egg wash! It was so tender and moist I loved it! I sandwiched the chicken in a cornbread waffle and served it with BBQ baked beans and Air Fryer Garlic Herb Fries.
Chicken & Cornbread Waffles
• 2 lbs Chicken Breasts
• 1 Cup Dijon Mustard
• 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1 Tablespoon Honey
• 1 Cup Flour
• 1 Cup Panko
• Pinch of Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place in bag with mustard, mayo honey and spices. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours.
2. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add 1” of oil. To tell if your oil is hot enough, sprinkle in some flour. If it bubbles, you’re good to go.
3. In another bag, add the flour mixture ingredients and add in chicken pieces one at a time; toss to coat. Remove chicken from bag and shake off excess flour.
4. Carefully place in hot oil and allow to fry for 3-5 minutes, monitoring how dark the breading is getting. If it gets too dark, remove chicken from oil and preheat oven to 325°. Place the chicken on a baking sheet with a rack and place in oven. Bake until internal temperature reaches 165°.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!