I love plantains! I used to pan fry them, but my air fryer does the trick brilliantly with almost no oil! ❤️ I’d only ever had them with sea salt, garlic and Parmesan so I decided to switch it up a bit and make an interpretation of Maduros. They were pretty dang good!
Air Fryer Sweet & Tangy Plantains
• 2 large Plantains; peeled and sliced
• 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
• Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
• Pinch of Cinnamon
• Pinch of Salt and Pepper
• Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Preheat air fryer to 360° F.
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl and layer them on air fryer rack.
- Slide the rack into the air fryer once it’s preheated.
- Fry for 5 minutes and flip. Fry the other side for 4-5 more minutes or until crispy and the sugar is caramelized. Serve hot with Sweet Chile Sauce.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!