I love zucchini and just so happened to have a couple in my fridge that I needed to use. This recipe is great if you’re on a budget and want something tasty and quick! So delicious and simple!
- 2 large Zucchini; chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove; minced
- ½ cup Sharp Cheddar
- ¼ cup Onion; chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup cooked rice
- Pinch of Seasoning Salt
- Lay chopped zucchini out on paper towel and sprinkle both sides with salt. Allow 30 minutes to draw out the moisture. Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease large Ramekins. Place them on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven while it’s preheating.
- In a medium bowl combine vegetables, cheese and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl, mix cooked rice and seasoning salt.
- Remove the tray from the oven and carefully pack rice into the bottom of each ramekin. Top with zucchini mixture and place back in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!