Pan Seared Smoked Paprika Chicken, Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Carrots Mushrooms and Peas and Gluten Free Biscuits is what’s for lunch and dinner. I can’t believe I left the gravy on the stove. I was so hungry that I didn’t even bother taking it out of the skillet.
Pan Seared Smoked Paprika Chicken
- Heat a dutch oven with water over medium-high heat and add in potatoes, onions and garlic. Season liberally with salt and bring to a boil. Cook until tender then drain and add in remaining mashed potato ingredients.
- Meanwhile, add carrots to steamer basket in a large saucepan with ½” of water over medium-high heat; cover. Steam 5 minutes then add in mushrooms, onions and peas; steam an additional 3-5 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the chicken with spices and cornstarch. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add in butter. Allow to melt and add the chicken; searing until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from skillet and allow to rest.
- Add the steamed vegetables to the skillet and season with salt, pepper and garlic. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes, then pour in wine. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and make a gravy with the pan juices, remaining garlic, butter, flour and cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate with biscuits and serve hot.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!