I had some people ask for the recipe to my Caprese Chicken Sandwich that I made with the sweet potato fries. They paired really well together! ❤️
Caprese Chicken Sandwich
• 2 large Chicken Breasts; sliced in half
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Pinch of Garlic Powder
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 8 slices of fresh Mozzarella
• 1 large Tomato; sliced
• 4 Lettuce Leaves
• 1/2 cup Fresh Pesto
• 1 cup Mayonnaise
• 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
• 4 Cheddar Buns; sliced in half and toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and add chicken to baking dish. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder then drizzle with olive oil.
2. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
3. Meanwhile, combine mayo and pesto.
4. Once chicken is done, remove from oven and add tomato slices and mozzarella; broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Spread pesto aioli over the top half of each bun and drizzle Balsamic Vinegar over the bottom bun. Add a slice of lettuce, the broiled chicken and top with the other half of the bun.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!