This is one of my favorite sandwiches! The pairing of chicken and pesto is a match made in heaven and they’re so easy to make! I always serve mine with Sweet Potato Fries and a light salad.
- 2 large Chicken Breasts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 slices of fresh Mozzarella
- 1 large Tomato; sliced
- 4 Lettuce Leaves
- ½ cup Fresh Pesto
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Cheddar Buns; sliced in half and toasted
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken to 1″ thickness and add to a baking dish. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder then drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise and pesto in a small bowl. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Once chicken is done cooking, remove the pan from the oven and add tomato slices and mozzarella over top. Place back in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Spread a lashing of the pesto aioli over the top and bottom halves of each bun. Add a slice of lettuce and the caprese chicken over the bottom half of the bun and sandwich with the top bun.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!