I woke up with this recipe in my head and I had all the ingredients I needed. They were so good! Next time I’ll use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder and add cilantro and lime juice to the chicken.
Green Chile Chicken Taco Cups
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
• 12 Street Tortillas
• 1 large Chicken Breast; cubed
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons Green Chiles
• 2 cups Monterey Jack; grated
• 1/2 cup Red Onion; diced
• 1 cup Refried Beans
• 1 cup Salsa Rice
• 12 Pickled Jalapeño slices
• 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, spices, seasoning and oil; toss to coat. Spoon onto baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spritz a muffin tin with oil and press the tortillas into each of the muffin divots. Place a second tin on top and weigh it down until the tortillas are molded into cups. Place the stacked tins in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown then set aside.
- Scoop chicken into a bowl and add the Green Chiles along with a pinch of salt, pepper and ancho Chile powder. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the bottom of each tortilla cup then add a scoop of beans, followed by a scoop of rice, then chicken, onions and top with the remaining cheese and a jalapeño slice. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Top with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro and Ancho or Chipotle Chile Powder.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!