I woke up with this recipe in my head and I had all the ingredients I needed! They were so good! Next time I’ll use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder and add cilantro and lime juice to the chicken.
Green Chile Chicken Taco Cups
• 12 Street Tortillas
• 1 large Chicken Breast; cubed
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons Green Chiles
• 2 cups Monterey Jack; grated
• 1/2 cup Red Onion; diced
• 1 cup Refried Beans
• 1 cup Salsa Rice
• 12 Pickled Jalapeño slices
• 1/2 cup Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, spices, seasoning and oil; toss to coat. Spoon into baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, spritz muffin tin and press tortillas to fit. Place a second tin on top and weigh it down.
4. Place stacked tins in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown. Set aside.
5. Scoop chicken into a bowl and add the Green Chiles along with a pinch of salt, pepper and ancho chile powder (optional).
6. Sprinkle half the cheese over the bottom of each tortilla cup. Add a scoop of beans, followed by a scoop of rice, then chicken, onion and remaining cheese. Top with remaining cheese and jalapeño slice.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Top with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro and Ancho or Chipotle Chile Powder.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!