Another night of no sleep so I decided to do some baking. Practice makes perfect, right? You can use store bought rolls if you don’t want to make them from scratch and they come out brilliantly! This makes a great breakfast dish served with sausage or bacon as well as an amazing dessert with Vanilla Ice Cream! It freezes really well. Just pull it out of the freezer and bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Bubble Bread
• 2 1/2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
• 1 C Water (110-112 degrees)
• 1 Tablespoon Honey
• 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter; melted
• 1 large Egg; whisked
• 2 1/4 C Flour
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1 C Brown Sugar
• 1/2 C Cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
• 1/2 C Butter; melted
• 1/2 C Powdered Sugar
• 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
• 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1. In mixer, combine warm water, yeast and sugar. Whisk until frothy and allow to bloom for 10 minutes. Add in honey, egg and butter.
2. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients then pour into mixing bowl with wet ingredients. Mix the dough until just the dough pulls away from the side of the mixing bowl. Turn out onto floured surface and knead until elastic.
3. Grease a large bowl and place dough inside. Cover with a cloth and allow to proof in a warm space for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
4. Turn out onto floured surface once more and punch down. Cut into 1/2-1/4” pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
5. Mix all of the spice mixture ingredients and drizzle over top; toss to coat.
6. Grease 3 medium loaf pans and stack pieces on top of each other until you get 1 1/2” from the top. Cover and allow to rest for 30 more minutes.
7. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
8. Place loaf pans in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
9. In a medium bowl, combine icing ingredients and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over top of the loaves.
10. Serve or cover with foil and store in freezer for 1 month.