I made a Skillet Pesto Pizza for dinner tonight! It’s quick, simple and incredibly tasty! 🍕 ❤️ You can add an extra drizzle of pesto at the end for more flavor if you love pesto as much as I do! Be sure to heat up the pizza stone before placing the pizza on it, this crisps up the crust and keeps the inside moist and fluffy.
Skillet Pesto Pizza
• 1 Pizza Dough ball
• 1 Tablespoon Cornmeal
• 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1/2 cup Mozzarella; shredded
• 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar; shredded
• 1/4 cup Mushrooms; sliced
• 1/4 cup Pepperoni
• 1/4 cup Red Onion; diced
• 1/4 cup Bell Pepper; diced
• 1/4 cup Tomatoes; diced
• 1/4 cup Italian Sausage; cooked
• 1/4 cup Spinach
• 1/4 cup Parmesan; shredded
• 3 slices Fresh Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 420°F.
- Rise dough until doubled and spritz cast iron skillet with oil. Place the skillet in oven and allow to get hot.
- Remove skillet from oven and evenly sprinkle on corneal. Toss the dough by hand until it fits the size of the skillet and place over the cornmeal.
- Spread pesto over the dough and drizzle on olive oil. Top with cheese then remaining toppings; adding the Parmesan and sliced mozzarella last.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until dough is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!