I made a Skillet Pesto Pizza for dinner tonight! It’s quick, simple and incredibly tasty! 🍕 ❤️ You can add an extra drizzle of pesto at the end for more flavor if you love pesto as much as I do! Be sure to heat up the pizza stone before placing the pizza on it, this crisps up the crust and keeps the inside moist and fluffy.
Skillet Pesto Pizza
• 1 Pizza Dough ball
• 1 Tbsp Cornmeal
• 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1/2 cup Mozzarella; shredded
• 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar; shredded
• 1/4 cup Mushrooms; sliced
• 1/4 cup Pepperoni
• 1/4 cup Red Onion; diced
• 1/4 cup Bell Pepper; diced
• 1/4 cup Tomatoes; diced
• 1/4 cup Italian Sausage; cooked
• 1/4 C Spinach
• 1/4 cup Parmesan; shredded
• 3 slices Fresh Mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 420°F.
2. Rise dough until doubled and spritz cast iron skillet with oil. Place the skillet in oven and allow to get hot.
3. Remove skillet from oven and evenly sprinkle on corneal. Toss the dough by hand until it fits the size of the skillet and place over the cornmeal.
4. Spread pesto over the dough and drizzle on olive oil. Top with cheese then remaining toppings; adding the Parmesan and sliced mozzarella last.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until dough is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!