Fresh hash browns are so much better than the ones you find in the freezer aisle. The store-bought ones are typically deep fat fried, but pan frying or air frying your own is healthier and fresher. French toast with berry syrup, baked bacon, scrambled eggs and hash browns! Those hash browns were awesome!
Pan Fried Peppered Hash Browns
• 2 Russet Potatoes; pealed and shredded
• 1 small Onion; finely diced
• 1/4 C Bell Pepper; diced
• 2 Large Eggs
• 1/2 C Flour (I use a gluten free blend)
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/2 tsp Paprika
1. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and add 3-4 Tbsp bacon grease.
2. Add potatoes to dish towel and squeeze out moisture. Place potatoes in bowl with other ingredients and hand mix.
3. Grab a handful of potato mixture and form a ball in your hand. Add to hot skillet and flatten with spatula.
4. Fry for 3 minutes and flip, frying the other side for an additional 3 minutes. Check to make sure they aren’t scorching on the bottom and reduce heat if the pan gets too hot.
5. Once cooked through, place hash browns on paper towel to drain excess grease and serve!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!