Cooking for one everyday means I have a LOT of leftovers. This means I have to get a little creative on leftover night. This one box of spaghetti made 3 dishes. I was out of Ricotta, but Mozzarella was a nice substitute!
- 4 cups cooked Spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Bolognese Sauce
- 1 cup fresh Spinach
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 large Egg; whisked
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan; grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large Zucchini; thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cold pasta, olive oil and Bolognese sauce; toss to coat. In another bowl, combine egg, ricotta, parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper and spinach. Mix evenly.
- Layer half of the pasta mixture in a pie plate and top with cheese mixture, then the remaining pasta. Add the sliced zucchini over top then sprinkle on mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is golden and melted.
- Slice and serve with garlic bread, or in my case, a leftover Cuban Sandwich.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!