I’m making gluten free flour tortillas for Green Chile Chicken Quesadillas tonight. 😊 I’m still new to the whole tortilla game, but I’m trying my best.
• 2 C Flour (I used gluten free but it’s a 1:1 ratio for all-purpose)
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1/4 C Bacon Grease
• 3/4 C Hot Water
1. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
2. Using your hands, mix in grease until it has a mealy texture.
3. Continue to knead while slowly adding hot water.
4. Flour cutting board and turn out the dough, topping with a sprinkle of flour.
5. Knead for 10 minutes or until elastic but still tacky.
6. Roll into 10 golf ball sized portions and cover with a clean dish towel. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
7. Preheat cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
8. Roll out each ball to form the tortillas of your desired thickness.
9. Place in skillet and flip once it starts to bubble and brown on the bottom.
10. Once it’s cooked on both sides, place on foil lined plate with a damp paper towel then cover with foil and cook the remaining tortillas.
11. Use for burritos, chimichangas, tacos or quesadillas!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!