Decided to finally try my hand at food vlogging. It’s probably against the rules to self promote, so I won’t share the link. Here’s the recipes and instructions for y’all to try! I wanted a quick, easy recipe to figure things out and it was a cold winter day so I thought Chicken Rice & Soup was the logical choice for dinner! It’s warm, filling and so easy to make! It’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken. You can precook all of the ingredients the night before and store them in the fridge as well. 30 minutes and dinner is served!
Chicken Rice & Soup
• 2 C Chicken; cooked and shredded
• 2 C Broccoli; steamed
• 1 1/2 C Medium Grain Rice
• 1 1/2 C Chicken Broth
• 1 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Black Pepper
• 1 tsp Celery Seed
• 1 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1 can Cream of Chicken
• 1 C Whole Milk
• 1/2 C Cheddar Cheese; shredded
• 1 C French Onions
1. Clean rice and add to small sauce pan with broth. Heat over high heat and bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low. Allow to cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Scoop rice into casserole dish and add in remaining ingredients sans the topping ingredients. Mix thoroughly and sprinkle cheese and french onions over top; cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the foil and increase the temperature to 375°F. Bake an addition 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!