This dish is warm, filling and so easy to make! It’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken! You can precook all of the ingredients the night before and store them in the fridge as well. 30 minutes and dinner is served!
- 2 cups Chicken; cooked and shredded
- 2 cups Broccoli; steamed
- 1 ½ cups Medium Grain Rice
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 can Cream of Chicken
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese; shredded
- 1 cup French Fried Onions
- Rinse the rice and add to small sauce pan with broth. Heat over high heat, stirring occasionally until it reaches a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Allow to cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Scoop the rice into a casserole dish and add in the remaining ingredients, minus the topping ingredients. Mix thoroughly and sprinkle the cheese and french onions over top. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an addition 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!