These are so adorable, delicious and perfect for Valentine’s Day! 💕 Not to mention simple. You can use store bought jam, but I prefer homemade. You can substitute any berry jam and it’ll turn out great! The egg wash is critical as it makes the pastry extra crispy and adds a lovely sheen. This recipe yields 5 delicious tartlets and quite a few cute little heart shaped puffs! I love my Kitchenatic’s parchment paper and sheet pan! 😍 They never let me down!!!
Strawberry Jam Tartlets
• 2 Pie Shells
• 1/2 C Strawberry Jam
• 1 Egg; whisked
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Roll out pie shells and, using a large heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out 10 pieces.
3. Using a smaller heart shaped cookie cutter, remove the center of 5 hearts.
4. Brush the hearts with egg wash and add 1/4 of the jam to each bottom heart.
5. Top with the other half and brush with egg wash.
6. Using a fork, crimp the edges and place on baking rack lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and jam is bubbling.
8. Cool for 10 minutes and serve with ice cream, dust lightly with powdered sugar or drizzle with chocolate.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!