This turned out to be such an amazing early Valentine’s Day dinner! I had some homemade strawberry jam in my fridge from when my freezer fritzed out and Balsamic Vinegar seemed like a great pairing. Sweet, tangy and it was so delicious with the Italian Herbs and garlic I crusted the tenderloin with. The Garlic Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Deviled Eggs and Strawberry Jam Tartlets made for such a memorable meal!
Balsamic Strawberry Glazed Tenderloin
• 2 – 2 pound Pork Tenderloins
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons Italian Herbs
• 2 teaspoons Salt
• 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
• 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1 1/2 Cups Strawberry Jam
• 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
• 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 325° F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place tenderloins on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with half of the seasonings and herbs per loin and rub until evenly coated. Wrap with foil and place in oven.
3. Bake tenderloins for 45 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165° F.
4. Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium hich heat and add in strawberry jam and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce to low. Cover and allow to simmer until pork is done.
5. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes.
6. In small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar and cornstarch. Whisk into balsamic strawberry glaze and allow to thicken.
7. Serve with mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Deviled Eggs, Macaroni and Cheese or sauteed Green Beans.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!