This is such a quick, simple and amazing recipe! I use elk sausage, but beef, pork or chicken work just as well. The tang of the peppers and the sweetness of the caramelized onions go great with the sausages! You can add pesto for a more herbaceous punch.
Elk Sausage and Peppers
- 2 lbs Smoked Elk Sausages
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 large White Onion; sliced
- 2 large Bell Peppers; julienned
- 3 cloves Garlic; finely minced
- 1/2 cup Marsala Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, add the sausages and cook through until the skin is crispy. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and bell peppers to the skillet and sauté until tender. Add in the garlic, herbs, salt, pepper and wine, then add the sausages back in.
- Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!