This is such a quick, simple and amazing recipe! I use elk sausage, but beef, pork or chicken work just as well. The tang of the peppers and the sweetness of the caramelized onions go great with the sausages! You can add pesto for a more herbaceous punch.
Elk Sausage and Peppers
• 2 lbs Smoked Elk Sausages
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 large White Onion; sliced
• 2 large Bell Peppers; julienned
• 3 cloves Garlic; finely minced
• 1/2 C Marsala Wine
• 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle olive oil. Once hot, add sausages and cook through until skin is crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add onions and bell peppers to skillet and sauté until tender. Add in garlic, herbs, salt, pepper and wine then add the sausages back in.
3. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Allow to cook for 10 more minutes.
4. Serve in steamed buns or as is!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!