I haven’t made Sweet & Sour anything in ages! I decided to try it with beef that I floured and baked in the oven. It came out so delicious! I’m definitely making this again. Soon!
Baked Sweet & Sour Beef
- 2 lbs Beef roast; cut into 1” cubes (marinated in spicy mustard, soy sauce, pepper and minced garlic for 2 hours)
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- Pinch of Ginger, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Bell Pepper; coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Onion; coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot; chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 cups Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, onions, carrots, sesame oil and spices; tossing to coat. Spread them evenly over the parchment paper.
- In another large bowl, combine all of the beef ingredients and stir until evenly coated with flour and cornstarch.
- Place a wire rack over the vegetables and layer the beef evenly over top. Spritz with oil and bake for 30 minutes, or until beef is crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet or wok over medium heat and bring the sauce ingredients, minus the soy sauce and cornstarch, to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce and cornstarch then pour the slurry into the sauce; stirring until thickened. Add beef and vegetables to the pan and toss to coat.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!