I haven’t made Sweet & Sour anything in ages! I decided to try it with beef that I floured and baked in the oven. It came out so delicious! I’m definitely making this again. Soon!
- Place the beef marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag and marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and discard any excess. Add the meat, salt pepper, flour and cornstarch to a medium bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, onions, carrots, sesame oil and spices; tossing to coat. Spread them evenly over the parchment paper.
- Place a wire rack over the vegetables and layer the beef evenly over top. Spritz with oil and bake for 30 minutes, or until beef is crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet or wok over medium heat and bring the sauce ingredients, minus the soy sauce and cornstarch, to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce and cornstarch then pour the slurry into the sauce; stirring until thickened. Add beef and vegetables to the pan and toss to coat.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!