I made Asian Lettuce Wraps the other night and had some extra filling. I decided to make some little decorative puff pastry tartlets and they turned out brilliantly! So delicious and they make an amazing appetizer. You can decorate them with a lattice crust that’s absolutely adorable.
Asian Chicken Tartlets
• 1 sheet Puff Pastry
• 2 large Chicken Breasts; diced
• 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
• 1/2 Cup Carrots; chopped
• 1 small White Onion; chopped
• 2 Garlic Cloves: minced
• 1 medium Summer Squash; chopped
• 1 small can Water Chestnuts; diced
• 1 Tablespoon Cashews; toasted and chopped
• 2 Tablespoons Green Onion; diced
• 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
• 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
• 2 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
• 1 Cup Soy Sauce
• 1 Cup Brown Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Chile Paste
• 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
• 1 Garlic Clove; minced
• 1/2 teaspoon Ginger; finely minced
• 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
• 2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1. In dutch oven or large skillet add sesame oil over medium high heat; cook chicken and use a slotted spoon to remove. Set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
2. In sauce pan over medium high heat, add sauce ingredients minus cornstarch and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
3. Meanwhile, add onion to dutch oven and cook until tender. Add in carrots, ginger, garlic and half of the Water Chestnuts. Add chicken back in and stir in sauce.
4. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Add slurry to filling and whisk frequently until thickened.
5. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
6. Roll out puff pastry into desired shape and fill with chicken mixture. Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and flaky.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!