I made Asian Lettuce Wraps the other night and had some extra filling. I decided to make some little decorative puff pastry tartlets and they turned out brilliantly! So delicious and they make an amazing appetizer. You can decorate them with a lattice crust that’s absolutely adorable.
Asian Chicken Tartlets
• 1 sheet Puff Pastry
• 2 large Chicken Breasts; diced
• 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
• 1/2 Cup Carrots; chopped
• 1 small White Onion; chopped
• 2 Garlic Cloves: minced
• 1 medium Summer Squash; chopped
• 1 small can Water Chestnuts; diced
• 1 Tablespoon Cashews; toasted and chopped
• 2 Tablespoons Green Onion; diced
• 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
• 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
• 2 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
• 1 Cup Soy Sauce
• 1 Cup Brown Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Chile Paste
• 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
• 1 Garlic Clove; minced
• 1/2 teaspoon Ginger; finely minced
• 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
• 2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- In dutch oven or large skillet add sesame oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken and use a slotted spoon to remove. Set aside. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the onion, cooking until translucent. Add in carrots, ginger, garlic and half of the Water Chestnuts, cover and cook until tender. Add the chicken back in and re-cover.
- Meanwhile, add the sauce ingredients to a saucepan over medium-high heat, minus cornstarch and bring to a boil then stir into the vegetables and chicken.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Add the slurry to the filling and stir frequently until thickened.
- Preheat air fryer or oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the puff pastry into desired shape and fill with the chicken mixture. Cook for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and flaky.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!