I love making these Sweet and Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings! They make a great game day dish for those less inclined to want Spicy wings. Kids love them too! I served mine with Fried Spicy Peanut Noodles and Fried Plantain with a sweet chili sauce.
Sweet & Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings
• 1/2 Cup cornstarch
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 4 lbs chicken wings
Sweet & Sticky Teriyaki Sauce
• 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
• 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
• 2 Tablespoons Honey
• 1 Cup Soy Sauce
• 1 Cup Water
• 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
• 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh Ginger; finely minced
• 1 1/2 Tablespoons Garlic; finely minced
• 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
• 1 teaspoon Five Spice
• 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1. Toss chicken wings in salt, pepper and cornstarch.
2. Preheat grill to medium heat then place chicken on the oiled grate. Grill for 10 minutes, flip and grill until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
3. While chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients in small saucepan, excluding cornstarch. Heat to boil and reduce to simmer. Add in cornstarch and stir constantly until thickened.
4. Place chicken in large, lightweight bowl and top with sauce; toss until evenly coated.
5. Plate and drizzle remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with diced green onion, sesame seeds and Red Pepper Flakes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!