I love making these Sweet and Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings! They make a great game day dish for those less inclined to want Spicy wings. Kids love them too! I serve mine with Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles and Fried Plantains with a sweet chili sauce.
Baked Sweet & Sticky Teriyaki Wings
Servings: 7 Cook Time: 1 hour 15 Minutes
- 4 pounds Chicken Wings; tips removed
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Sweet & Sticky Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh Ginger; finely minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Garlic; finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Add the wings to a large bowl and add in the cornstarch, garlic powder, Chinese five spice, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake for 45 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the sauce ingredients, minus the cornstarch, in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water and pour into the sauce; stirring continually until thickened. Reduce heat and cover until the chicken is done.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and drizzle the sauce over top; toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with diced green onion, sesame seeds or Red Pepper Flakes and serve.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!