I love making these Sweet and Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings! They make a great game day dish for those less inclined to want Spicy wings. Kids love them too! I serve mine with Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles and Fried Plantains with a sweet chili sauce.
- Add the wings to a large bowl and add in the cornstarch, garlic powder, Chinese five spice, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake for 30 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the sauce ingredients, minus the cornstarch, in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water and pour into the sauce; stirring continually until thickened. Reduce heat and cover until the chicken is done.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and drizzle the sauce over top; toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with diced green onion, sesame seeds or Red Pepper Flakes and serve.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!