This is such a quick, inexpensive and easy breakfast! Sausage, Egg and Cheese Muffins. It’s so simple and so delicious! Served with air fried Hash Browns and fresh fruit, it makes for a great start to any weekday. These freeze really well, so make a large batch, wrap them in foil and microwave, bake or air fry whenever you have a hankering for a breakfast sandwich!
You can also use sharp cheddar instead of sliced American Cheese for some extra tang and richness!
Mock Sausage & Egg McMuffin
- 6 English Muffins
- 8 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
- 6 Sausage patties; precooked
- 6 Slices of American Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Spread butter over the English muffins.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle in a little oil. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasoning. Once the skillet is hot, scramble the eggs until set. Divide into 6 portions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F and toast the English muffins until golden. Remove from the oven and layer one half of each muffin with a sausage patty, 1/6 of the scrambled eggs and a cheese slice. Place back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with hash-browns and fresh fruit.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!