I love chicken cutlets! Deliciously crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside; they can’t be beat. They go especially well with steamed vegetables and creamy Fettuccine Alfredo. They fry up so fast that you can prep them the night before and have dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
Italian Breaded Chicken Cutlets
• 3 large Chicken Breasts
• 2 cups Buttermilk
• 1 large Egg; whisked
• 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
• 2 cups Italian Breadcrumbs
• 1 cup Flour
• 2 Tablespoons Italian Herbs
- Flatten the chicken with a rolling pin and place in large dish. Pour buttermilk over top and place in fridge overnight.
- In the first pie plate, add egg and a pinch of salt and pepper. In a separate pie plate add flour another pinch of salt and pepper. Then in a third pie plate add breadcrumbs, garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and dredge through flour, then egg, back through the flour, egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet with 1″ of oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F.
- Place breaded cutlets in the hot oil and fry until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the skillet and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Season with salt and pepper, slice and serve with Fettuccine Alfredo, Garlic Knots and a side salad!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!