The Honey Dijon Pot Roast with Rosemary Root Vegetables and Gravy I made for dinner last night turned out great! Sweet, tangy and the Rosemary was absolutely delicious. I switched the recipe up a bit and decided to make a gravy out of the beef drippings.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat and melt the butter. Place the roast in the pan and sear on all sides; seasoning with salt and pepper as you turn it. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 300°F.
- In small bowl, mix the honey mustard ingredients and spread evenly over the beef roast. In a large bowl combine all of the roasted vegetable ingredients and toss to coat. Scoop the vegetables into a baking dish and add the beef over top.
- Cover tightly with foil and roast for 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Add the roast on a serving platter with the vegetables and cover with foil.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and pour the beef drippings into a skillet. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water and pour the slurry into the skillet; whisking until thickened.
- Slice the beef and pour the gravy over top
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!