I decided to invent a new scalloped potato recipe! This one has bacon, caramelized onions, parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, garlic and…corn? It went great with the slow smoked Baby Back Ribs, Baked Macaroni & Cheese and Fried Cabbage!
Creamy Corn & Potato Bake
- 2 Large Potatoes; thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Onion; thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Bacon Crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 can of Sweet Corn
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Bacon Crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat add the butter and sliced onion, sautéing until tender before adding in the garlic. Add the flour into the pan and stir until golden browned. Slowly whisk in the milk and broth, stirring until thickened. Pour the canned corn with its liquid into the skillet and sprinkle in the Parmesan Cheese, Italian Herbs, salt and pepper.
- Grease a glass dish and add a layer of sliced potatoes. Scoop 1/2 cup of the corn mixture over the potatoes and top with a handful of bacon. Repeat the layers until the dish is full and sprinkle more Parmesan and Bacon over top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and the edges of the dish are bubbling.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!