I decided to try a new scalloped potato recipe! This one has bacon, caramelized onions, parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, garlic and…corn! It went great with the slow smoked Baby Back Ribs, Baked Macaroni & Cheese and Fried Cabbage!
Creamy Corn & Potato Bake
• 2 Tablespoons Butter
• 1 small Onion; thinly sliced
• 2 Tablespoons Flour
• 1 cup Whole Milk
• 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
• 2 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
• 1 cup Parmesan
• 1/2 cup Bacon Crumbled
• 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 3 Large Potatoes; thinly sliced
• 1 can of Sweet Corn
1/4 cup Parmesan
1 Tablespoon Bacon Crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- large skillet over medium heat add butter and sliced onion. Sauté onions until caramelized and add in the garlic; sautéing until fragrant then sprinkle the flour into the pan to make a roux. Cook until slightly browned.
- Slowly pour in the milk and broth; whisking continually until thickened. Add in corn, parmesan, Italian Herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a glass dish and add a layer of potatoes. Pour 1/3 of the parmesan corn roux over the potatoes and top with a handful of bacon. Repeat layers until the dish is full. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Bacon toppings then cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove the foil and broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and the edges of the dish are bubbling.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!