This Spicy Thai Peanut Fried Rice from the other night was amazing! It went really well with the Beef & Broccoli as well as the Shrimp Egg Rolls! It’s a definite favorite with some heat and richness!
Spicy Thai Peanut Fried Rice
• 1 C Medium Grain Rice
• 1 1/2 C Chicken Broth
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• Pinch of Garlic Powder
• 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
• 1 tsp Lime Juice
1. Using a mesh strainer, wash rice thoroughly until water runs clear.
2. Combine rice, broth, seasonings and lime juice in saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and all the liquid is absorbed.
3. Spoon out onto sheet pan and place in fridge; allowing to cool completely. This step is necessary to keep the rice from getting mushy when you’re frying it.
4. In wok or large pan, heat sesame oil over Medium heat and add in vegetables. Once tender, add chili paste, ginger, garlic and saute until fragrant.
5. Add in cold rice and toss to coat, allowing time to heat through. Add in soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, peas,Peanut Sauce and green onions. Toss everything together and cover until ready to serve.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!