This Spicy Thai Peanut Fried Rice from the other night was amazing! It went really well with the Beef & Broccoli as well as the Shrimp Egg Rolls! It’s a definite favorite with some heat and richness!
Spicy Thai Peanut Fried Rice
- 1 cup Medium Grain Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 large Carrot; chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery; chopped
- 1 cup Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
- Green Onion for Garnish
- Using a mesh strainer, wash rice thoroughly until water runs clear. Combine rice, broth, seasonings and lime juice in saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon out onto a sheet pan and place in the fridge; cool completely. This step is necessary to keep the rice from getting mushy when you’re frying it.
- In a wok or large pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat and add the vegetables; sautéing until tender. Scoop in the cold rice and peanut sauce then toss to coat and cook for 8-10 minutes. Toss everything together and cover until ready to serve.
- Garnish with green onion and enjoy!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!