I got a new waffle maker for Christmas and I’m finally putting it to good use. These Breakfast “Tacos” are amazing! They’re a little clunky, but sooo good! The drizzle of syrup over top is key!
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bacon until it’s crisp and the fat is rendered. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon crumbles and set aside on paper towel to drain.
- Add the potato hash ingredients to the skillet with the bacon grease and fry until the potatoes are tender; about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle ½ cup cheese over the cooked waffles and bake until the cheese is melted; about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together all of the egg ingredients and heat a 6″ skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spritz the skillet with oil and pour in ⅓ of the egg mixture. Lightly scramble the eggs until almost set, then remove from heat and add ½ cup of the cheese over top. Place the egg scramble on top of the waffle and repeat with the remaining egg mixture and cheese.
- Scoop ⅓ of the potato hash and bacon crumbles then add a drizzle of maple syrup.