Beef & Broccoli is one of my favorite meals! Steamed broccoli and pan seared beef tossed in a slightly sweet, garlicky sauce? Yes, please! This was one of my go to Chinese takeout before I decided to make it myself. It’s so amazing served with fresh egg rolls, crab Rangoon and fried rice!
Ginger Beef & Broccoli
- 3 pounds Beef Roast; sliced against the grain
- 1 large head of Broccoli; floreted
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 small Onion; diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh Ginger; grated
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Chile Paste
- 1 teaspoon Lemongrass; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold Water
- Heat a pot with 1″ of water and a steamer basket with the broccoli to a boil. Cover and steam until just tender; about 6 minutes. Remove the steamer basket with the broccoli and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the sesame oil, onion and ginger; sautéing until tender. Add the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant before adding beef and sautéing until cooked through.
- Add in the sauce ingredients and toss to coat before covering and reducing the heat to low. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and cold water, then pour the slurry into the skillet and fold in the broccoli. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Scoop the broccoli and beef over steamed rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!