Beef & Broccoli is one of my favorite meals! Steamed broccoli and pan seared beef tossed in a slightly sweet, garlicky sauce? Yes, please! This was one of my go to Chinese takeout before I decided to make it myself. It’s so amazing served with fresh egg rolls, crab Rangoon and fried rice!
Beef & Broccoli
• 3 lbs Beef Roast; sliced against the grain
• 1 large head of Broccoli; floreted
• 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
• 1 small Onion; diced
• 3 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
• 1 teaspoon fresh Ginger; grated
• 1 Cup Soy Sauce
• 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
• 3 Tablepoons White Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Chile Paste
• 1 teaspoon Lemongrass; minced
• 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
• 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Powder
• 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
• 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
• 2 Tablespoons cold Water
1. In pot; steam broccoli until just tender. About 5-6 minutes. Vent lid and set aside.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat and add in sesame oil, onion and ginger; sauté until tender. Add garlic and continue to cook until fragrant before adding beef. Sear lightly.
3. Add in sauce ingredients and stir to coat. Cover and reduce heat to low; cooking for for 15 minutes.
4. In small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water. Stir into skillet and fold in broccoli. Cover and allow to thicken.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with steamed rice, fried rice, low mein, stir fried vegetables or spring rolls!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!