Making these at home is so much more gratifying and budget friendly, not to mention way more delicious than takeout. I lightly pan fry them and finish them in the Air Fryer. This reduces the calories and keeps all of the delicious crispness!
- Rub the shrimp with the Chinese five spice and set aside. Add a steamer basket to a large saucepan and add 1″ of water. Place the vegetables and shrimp in the basket and bring to a boil, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Using a basting brush, cover the tops of the egg roll wrappers with egg wash. Use tongs to place an equal amount of the vegetables and shrimp in the center of each wrapper, then wrap tightly.
- Preheat a skillet with 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the rolls and lightly fry; turning until all the sides are golden brown. Place on a paper towel to drain.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F. Place the spring rolls on an air fryer rack. Fry for 8 minutes; turning halfway through.
- Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce and enjoy!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!