I was craving Chinese Food for lunch and decided to make Shrimp Egg Rolls to go with the Beef & Broccoli and Peanut Satay Fried Rice! Making it fresh is so much more gratifying and delicious than takeout. I lightly pan fry mine and finish them in my Air Fryer. Not deep fat frying them reduces the calories and keeps all of the delicious crispness!
One thing to remember when making these is to use the egg wash liberally. When it comes to folding. This creates a tight seal and will ensure that your roll doesn’t explode in the oil or air fryer. Be sure to roll them tightly and press out as much air as possible. This also reduces the likelihood of the contents spilling out.
Half Fried Shrimp Spring Rolls
• 7 Extra Large Shrimp; boiled with Old Bay
• 7 Egg Roll Wrappers
• 1/2 Cup Cabbage; shredded
• 1/2 Cup Carrots; shredded
• 1/4 Cup Onion; julienned
• 1/4 Cup Celery; julienned
• 1/4 Cup Bell Pepper; sliced
• 2 Tablespoons Parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 Large Egg; whisked
• 1/2 Cup Sweet & Sour Sauce
1. Steam vegetables, lightly salt and set aside. Slice shrimp in half and lay out Egg Roll Wrappers.
2. Using a basting brush, cover the tops of wrappers with egg wash. Layer on 1/7 of the vegetables and shrimp then wrap tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
3. Preheat skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat.
4. Once hot, add spring rolls and lightly fry; turning until all sides are golden brown. Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
5. Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place on rack and air fry for 4 minutes; turning halfway through.
6. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!